Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
Reports to : Stephane Giraudie, Co-founder and CEO
Location : Bordeaux, France, with regular travel to the San Francisco Bay Area
We’re an early stage, fully funded, VC-backed immersive communications company based in Sausalito, California, and Bordeaux, France. We are well positioned to transform the way people experience conference calling today (and collaboration tomorrow), and are looking for a rock star CTO to help us do just that.
Our compensation package includes stock options and is designed to be attractive to the kind of impactful, effective person we plan on hiring.
CTO (That’s You)
Voxeet’s CTO is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the company’s technology development. This is Voxeet’s lead technology executive—you will set our technical direction. You’ll also play an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships. You will select the technologies and tools that the Voxeet engineering team will use to build disruptive, market-changing collaboration solutions.
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community (we want you to be able to speak at the next WebRTC conference in Paris or San Francisco!).
- Manage and motivate a team of engineers and consultants and oversee research and development.
- Work as part of the team and don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and code as needed.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure that Voxeet maintains leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Expertise in building multi-platform application (desktop/mobile/web) with specific competence in/focus on WebRTC and mobile development.
- Proven expertise in telecommunication, client server infrastructure and SaaS.
- Experience in high traffic platform (operation, maintenance, high availability, redundancy)
- Experience developing and/or outsourcing and managing the development of APIs.
- In-depth understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Startup mentality is a must; experience working in a startup is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in French and English (this is a must).
- At least 10 years engineering experience, with 5 – 7 in an executive-level position.
- BS in engineering or computer science required, MBA preferred.